Evaluation



Digital Print is an area that allowed me to be broad with my decisions and so I decided to base my project on jewellery. I have chosen to do competitions for Bradford textiles society. This brief was broad and allowed me to experiment. The detail, colour, material of jewellery etc. fascinated me. I wanted to produce a collection of prints that had the feel of jewellery as it is seen to be precious, secretive and valuable. I wanted to create that discreetness within my pattern, to show that woman wear jewellery in secret.
I began my project by researching into eras that jewellery dominated and realised I was interested in the colour and detail of the Edwardian period. Colours of silver and pearl dominated that era of jewellery and so I took pictures of my own jewellery that had the characteristics of Edwardian jewellery. I started experimenting by using different medias to create my drawings from metallic pens to foil to try to create the surface of the jewellery. I then started to create my prints by combining both my images and drawings into one. I came up with my best eight prints and finalised two for both my competitions.
Throughout the project I felt like I was consistent and managed my time effectively, however if I had more time I think I could have produced prints that were to an even higher standard. I also would have been able to produce some of my print into actual garments. Overall, I felt the project went well and I enjoyed having competitions to do, although they were challenging. From digital print, I felt I have gained another set of skills, as I explored the adobe program illustrator, which was useful and will be beneficial for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.